Friday, October 16, 2009

Stomp Out Cancer-Heart and Soul Sisters

I'm so blessed to have my sister. She has been my confidant, advisor, sounding board and friend and now she is on a mission to help fight cancer. We ALL have been touched by cancer in one way or another and we ALL can help fight this terrible disease. Below is a letter my sister wrote on her Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure page.

I am putting on my walking shoes and joining thousands of other women and men across the country to raise money to stomp out cancer. The Susan G. Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in San Diego, the weekend prior to Thanksgiving, is the perfect time to offer praise for advancements in treatments, lives spared, as well as precious memories of lives well lived. This will be my third walk over the past four years, and I have new reasons to join the march against breast cancer.
I will walk with Mary, my aunt (by marriage), sweet friend, and team captain. She has reached her five year survivor mark, and we are celebrating! Mary is braving three walks this year in a span of about eight weeks! Go, Mary!

My sister, Karine, was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the year. Fortunately, it was caught early with a mammogram. She had surgery and radiation and she is now taking a preventative drug. In the midst of it all, she started her own wedding planning business! We continue to thank God for her health and His grace.

I signed up to walk the week my friend and colleague, Susan, came to the door with the news she had breast cancer. She is in the midst of treatment, yet continues to have faith in God and daily brings a smile to many.

I could mention other colleagues and friends who have bravely fought this epidemic just in this past year. And you probably have some stories of your own.

Let’s fight this horrible disease. I know times are difficult for many, but if you are able to offer financial support, I would greatly appreciate it. Each participant must raise $2300. These funds will support research and mammograms for those unable to afford it. This means lives will be saved.

Susan G. Komen is an excellent charity. I admire the way they run their organization, which is one reason I like to participate in this event. I feel confident the funds raised will be utilized effectively.

Please join me in praying for a cure.I could also use prayer support for health and endurance to complete this walk. Health is truly a gift.

Thank you and bless you for participating in any way you are able,

Michelle


I'm proud of you sis and so thankful for you. I'll be praying for you as you walk to STOMP OUT CANCER!

love.joy.laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Karine...WOW! I'm seriously tearing right now. I had no idea. I can feel how proud your sister is of you and how dedicated she is to help make a difference.

    I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease Stage 3 in Dec '07. I went through chemo and radiation and now I'm in remission hoping that we STOMPED IT OUT of me:)

    I'm praying you long and healthy life:)

    **HUGS**
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete