Friday, September 18, 2009

A Food Tasting

One of the perks of being a wedding coordinator is that sometimes I get to attend tastings. One of the couples that I am working with recently made a pre-wedding trip to Hawaii to finalize a few of the details for their wedding. It was an especially enjoyable tasting because we created a custom menu and the wonderful chef at Kahala Caterers executed the dishes flawlessly.

Mango Soup to start off with.

This was one of our creations. Scallops on sticky rice with a Thai curry. So yummy!

Cajun seared ahi on a bead of cabbage. It had just the right amount of heat.

I love food artistry.

I became so totally engrossed in the cake tasting that I forgot to take a picture until we had nibbled away.
A Cake Life provided Delicious samples.

The pre-wedding trip was not all about food and cake. We made a site inspection of the venue, sat down with the florist to go over details, met with the DJ and photographer, fine tuned the menu with the caterers and checked off many items on the countdown checklist. I look forward to seeing them again in a couple of months at their wedding.
love.joy.laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment